Service. Community. Support. Engagement.
Some would say those tenants are the cornerstones of Blogalicious, and we’d say they were correct. Like every week, we’re bringing you news that might support or enhance endeavors close to your heart. We’re also sharing a story, close to ours, that is in need of your support, engagement and a little service, too.
SEO Rules for 2016
The American Marketing Association shared six SEO rules for 2016 and how you can use them to maximize your investment in content. We’ll share the rules here, but be sure to visit their website for the full, informative article.
1. Intention is everything.
2. Keywords aren’t everything.
3. Focus on the user experience.
4. Size does matter!
5. Optimize for mobile.
6. Use unique images.
Even without full details, these six rules have the wheels of our brain in motion for next year’s content! Which new rule sticks out to you?
But is it legal, though?
Internet sensation Nicole Walters, founder of Monetize Thyself, is hosting a free livecast offering tips and resources on how to legally protect yourself and your brand. The workshop will allow for those in need to ask questions and have them answered in real time! Talk about service! There is limited seating available so if you’d like to attend, register here.
All You Need to Know About The Printful
What’s trending now? Apparel and accessory shops!
The good thing is that the ability to generate additional income for your online stores is virtually endless. Fulfillment companies across the country are making it easier for aspiring entrepreneurs to sell products, like t-shirts, pillows and coffee mugs, in a few hours or less. The complicated part is that there are so many fulfillment companies to choose from. We know, first world problems!
Thankfully, Arsha Jones, owner of Tees in the Trap and Capital City Co., has vetted The Printful, a popular fulfillment service simplifying online shopping, and blogged about her experience with them. Want to know her pros and cons of using the company and what it actually means to use that kind of service? Read her blog post, chock full of advice and insight.
Service Beyond: Jewel Figueras
Our very own Jewel Figueras needs your help fighting her insurance company. Jewel took to social media to share that while she is losing her battle to cancer, she’s also struggling to have her expensive medical needs fully covered by her insurance provider. Instead of sitting idly by, Jewel is fighting to change how cancer patients are treated by their providers at large. What she needs is your signature on her Change petition, so that her provider can see how important it is for her (and others) to receive the medications they need at affordable rates.
Here are Jewel’s own words:
“I am literally in a fight for my life. And, I’m not alone in this. Many others in the battle against cancer have been refused medicine by their insurance company and have just given up. My social media streams are full of folks fighting for all kinds of things. I’m choosing to carry the flag for my fellow cancer patients, and those yet to be diagnosed.
I’ve reached out to my Congresswoman, my Senators, my Governor, mmedia, etc. Now I’m reaching out to you.
Here’s how you can help:
- Sign my petition at Change.org. Push it out to your social media networks. Us the hashtag #JEWELvsAVMED. This will take less 30 seconds and a couple clicks.
- Participate in my Twitter Chat this Monday night, Dec 7th, at 9pm est. The hashtag is #JEWELvsAVMED. Invite your networks to participate, as well. This will take less than 1 hour. (If you need quick instruction on how do participate, let me know.)
- Share this post with others, using the hashtag #JEWELvsAVMED.
- Tell me about how cancer has affected your life. Include the hashtag and tag me your social media posts. I’d love to read your stories, as they give me strength and resolve.
- Talk about my situation on your social networks. Include the hashtag #JEWELvsAVMED. This lets me track the conversation.
- Keep me (and all cancer survivors) in your prayers.”