Hi, my Be Blogalicious #GYNEGirls! It’s ME, Dr. Drai – America’s OB/GYN. February is here and LOVE is in the air. Did you know that being in LOVE can affect your body? YASSS, Hunni. I know right? In the words of Toni Braxton: “How many ways do I love you? Let me count the ways…” Chile, Dr. Drai will count 7.
1. Dopamine, the chemical responsible for euphoria, is released in the brain. This is why you feel high as a kite when you fall deep in love.
2. The mind has a difficult time focusing on tasks. This is why you are so forgetful when LOVE strikes. You can only think of your NEW BOO. Been there, done that.
3. Oxytocin, a hormone responsible for womb contractions in labor and milk production is also released from the brain. This hormone makes you intimate. All of a sudden you want to cuddle & kiss. See, #GYNEGirls you need this hormone even if you are not #Preggo.
4. Being in LOVE is like taking morphine; it can reduce pain. Interesting right?
5. Lower levels of serotonin, another hormone, makes you blinded to your boo thang’s undesirable traits. That’s why ya’ll never listen to feedback especially if it’s negative from your momma, bestie, OR Dr. Drai!
6. There are pheromones, chemicals released in the air, that are put off by the new #GENT you LOVE. Maybe that’s why we wear our man’s football jerseys, boxers, and T-shirts. Go figure?
7. Norepinephrine, a chemical released during stress, makes you feel flustered. Your heart rate increases AND your palms sweat when you see your boo.
As you’ve just read my Be Blogalicious #GYNEGirls, love will make the hormones and chemicals in your body go wild. Don’t let LOVE fool you – always protect yourself. Safe sex is the only sex to have. You know Dr. Drai the sexpert had to put that in somewhere.
Until next time…
Dr. Drai is among the country’s most well-known and respected OB/GYN physicians and surgeons. He is also the founder and Chief Medical Advisor of DrDrai.com, where he discusses actionable ideas and real-world strategies to help women take control of their health. Visit www.DrDrai.com to download his new eBook FREE – “20 Things You May Not Know About The Vagina”.