Sharelle D. Lowery is a San Francisco-based lifestyle and etiquette blogger who shares witty and sophisticated urban anecdotes to style and etiquette questions via her alter ego, ClassyBlackGirl on her Blog, Podcast and Popular YouTube video! You can Follow her on Twitter @ClassySharelle and check her out online at www.ClassyBlackGirl.com
Since my weekend at Blogalicious last year my Blogging Life has changed. ClassyBlackGirl, The Lifestyle Brand is constantly Celebrating Success! My Blog has transformed into a complete Lifestyle Brand and a Media Outlet.
Those are words, but my business really changed when something was triggered in my mind and spirit. I knew that I was capable of living the life that was proposed to me via blogging. This realization caused celebration and has ushered in success, not just for me, but for others who caught that Blogalicious Vision. Since Blogalicious I have gained a greater understanding of the power of my Blog and Community, while becoming overwhelmed with humility and realizing that there is so much that I need to learn. And now more than ever, I am eagerly excited about being front row and center at this year’s Blogalicious Conference!
Last year was my first conference and I can honestly say that I will never miss one! Here are my Top 10 Classy Things that You Will Celebrate During & After Blogalicious:
1. You will realize that there is somebody JUST like you, struggling, trying and looking for direction. This sense of peace makes you feel comfortable to talk and share! Nope, you are not the only one who’s Google Adsense doesn’t work!
2. You will learn that if you are Blogging for a lifestyle and to create income that you need to rearrange your thinking and consider yourself as a media outlet, not “just a blogger.”
3. You will learn about new themes, plug-ins and how to make your blog bigger, faster and better. What platform is going to be best for your goals.
4. You will gain the confidence to talk to large brands and share with them how working with you is going to expose them in a favorable light to your online tribe.
5. You will receive explicit How-To’s like Mario Armstrong’s 21 Day Challenge. I’m actually going to RE-Start the Challenge for more Success!!
6. You will celebrate the Food…OMG…it was so good!
7. You will get to meet your “Blogger Crushes” and grab a cup of coffee with them, because everybody wants to talk and share. Its actually hard to leave.
8. You will get to see how the brands bow down to the Blogalicious power of Justice Fergie
and will be amazed at how she wields her wand to order transformation from a convention hall, to a beer fest, a party and finally to a place that breeds change. Because in all of this work, the Blogalicious team wants us to be changed. From the time that we walk through those doors, their desire is for a completely different person to emerge.
9. You will be late, okay if you are in our room you will be late. We stayed up late, talked loud and made lifelong friends, with women that we never knew before this Blogalicious Experience.
10. The Classiest thing that you will learn, well its not really classy, but its just truth. You will learn that you are not an island. There are places and people that you can reach out to for help, information and even a little support when times get tough.
Blogalicious becomes like a family. It allowed me a platform, created opportunities for me to sit on a stage and speak, and it let me call myself an Ambassador.
I have been positively celebrating my successes since Blogalicious and when you are sitting in that seat for the first time and the first speaker comes on stage you will KNOW that your blogging life will never be the same again, so get ready to Celebrate in the ATL and definitely afterwards!!
Getting together annually for Blogalicious is totally all about learning and growing and OMG – the great drinks, but its also about the camaraderie of getting to know other like-minded women (and a few men!) who only want to see you grow!
See you in 7 Months…Celebrating Even More Success!!